How do you say Porsche? Many Matthews and Indian Trail drivers have asked this exact question. The name of this luxury car brand is often pronounced wrong. So, how is Porsche pronounced? One of the most common pronunciations is “Porsch,” however, this variation is not correct.
In the proper pronunciation, “Porsche” is actually a two-syllable word. So it is really pronounced like “Por-shuh.” The team at Hendrick Porsche is happy to help you with all of your Porsche questions, including how to say it!
The History of Porsche
Now that you know how to pronounce Porsche, let’s take a closer look at the history of the brand. The Porsche brand was born in 1948. Volkswagen parts received modifications to meet the needs of this new luxury automaker, and the first Porsche model made its debut a few months later. The series production of the Porsche 365 began in 1950. Other historical milestones of the Porsche brand include:
- 1953: The 550 Spyder won its first race at the Nürburgring.
- 1956: The ten-thousandth Porsche 365 is produced, which coincided with the automaker’s 25th anniversary.
- 1964: The series production of the Porsche 911 commences.
- 1972: Porsche AG was founded.
- 1974: The Porsche 911 Turbo made its debut at the Paris Auto Show. It was the first production sports car that featured an exhaust turbocharger and pressure regulator.
- 1989: For the first time, the Porsche 911 Carrera features the “Tiptronic” automatic gearbox system.
- 1996: The one-millionth Porsche vehicle is produced on July 15.
- 2002: The Porsche Cayenne SUV is the third model line produced by the brand.
- 2005: Construction of the Porsche Museum begins in Zuffenhausen.
- 2016: The new Panamera G2 makes its world debut in Berlin.
If you are still stuck on the question, “How is Porsche pronounced?”, you can check out the video to the right. Hear from the makers themselves how to pronounce Porsche, and hopefully, you and your friends can put this common source of argument to rest.
How Do You Say Porsche?
In some parts of the world, the answer to “How do you pronounce Porsche?” ultimately depends on who you ask! So, Hendrick Porsche is asking Matthews drivers: How do you say Porsche? Whether you like the official two-syllable pronunciation or you stand your ground with the single-syllable “Porsch,” we promise we won’t hold it against you.
Explore All Things Porsche at Hendrick Porsche!
After you learn how Porsche is pronounced, you can rely on the experts at Hendrick Porsche for all things luxury cars. From learning how to pronounce Porsche to the history of the brand and who owns Porsche, our team would be glad to answer any questions that you may have. Stop by the dealership today to check out our new inventory or look at a used Porsche 911 or used Porsche Cayenne. With any lingering questions, please contact us online at your convenience. We look forward to assisting you!