How to Clean Leather Car Seats Safely
If you’ve recently purchased a new Porsche with leather seats, or you’re driving a vintage Porsche with a leather interior that’s seen better days, learning how to clean car seats is essential. Fortunately, leather seat care is pretty straightforward, but it’s important that you follow a specific procedure and use products that are safe for leather. Learn all about how to clean car seats made of leather with Hendrick Porsche in the guide below!
Explore Our Top Tips for How to Clean Car Seats Made from Leather
Ready to start your leather seat care? It can be easily done at home in Matthews or Indian Trail. Follow these simple steps to make your leather seats look like new without damaging them:
- First, vacuum your interior thoroughly, making sure to get in between the seats and into any other crevices. It’s important to remove any dirt, dust, and debris before you start your leather seat care, as these can scratch the leather once you start conditioning and wiping it down.
- After vacuuming your interior, you can apply a pH-neutral cleaning solution to your upholstery. If you have perforated seats, be careful not to get the solution in the perforation.
- Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth and a soft-bristled brush to gently work the cleaner into your leather upholstery.
- When you’re satisfied with the state of your leather seats, apply an approved leather conditioner. Grab another clean, dry microfiber cloth and use it to gently buff in the leather conditioner. Why apply a conditioner? It helps your seats stay soft and supple, preventing them from drying out or cracking.
What Products Are Unsafe for Leather Seat Care?
When cleaning leather seats, it’s best to avoid anything with dye. Your cleaning cloths should be white and the cleaning products shouldn’t have any dark dyes in them. If you’re unsure whether the product you want to use is safe for your leather, you can check your owner’s manual for manufacturer recommendations.
Products to avoid using for leather seat care include:
- Sharp-bristle brushes or other cleaning objects that may scratch
- Household cleaners
- Dark cloths
- Furniture polish
More Leather Seat Care Tips
- Store a travel-size bottle of leather cleaning solution and a few microfiber cloths in your vehicle for emergencies. If you spill coffee or soda or your leather seats experience any other kind of mishap, you can start cleaning it right away.
- If possible, park your car in a covered carport or in a garage that’s out of direct sunlight. This will help prevent your leather seats from cracking.
- The same goes for when you’re out running errands in Pineville—try to grab a shaded spot whenever possible, especially if you’ll be leaving your car for more than an hour or so.
Learn More About Leather Seat Care at Hendrick Porsche
Whether you want to learn how to clean leather car seats or how to change a cabin air filter, Hendrick Porsche is here to help you keep your car’s interior clean and fresh. Contact us with any other questions, or schedule a service appointment if you would like to have your leather interior professionally cleaned in Charlotte!
More from Hendrick Porsche
You don’t just buy the first car that catches your eye in a Matthews-area dealership. You do your research and read the reviews. Fortunately for those who are interested in learning more about the new Porsche Macan for sale, we gathered some 2021 Porsche Macan review highlights from three major automotive publishers. We also talk…
Whether you’re looking for an opulent luxury ride or a family-friendly SUV for the Matthews roads, the 2021 Porsche Macan interior will blow you away. The Macan interior was built with signature Porsche style, including upscale materials and high-end design, along with tons of technology to improve your daily driving experience. Like any Porsche SUV,…
If you’re in the market for a sporty, performance-focused SUV, you’d be hard pressed to find something more alluring than the 2021 Porsche Cayenne. The Cayenne takes classic Porsche performance and packs it under the hood of a family-oriented vehicle, leading to impressive towing power and a cavernous cabin fit for road trips far beyond…