What is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
As you’re shopping around for a quality pre-owned vehicle in Charlotte, you’re bound to find all sorts of options ranging in age, mileage, make, trim, and more. So, what is good mileage on a used car? Truth be told, there’s no magic number to look for when determining good mileage for a used car! There are numerous factors to consider in conjunction with the number on the odometer. In the guide below, Hendrick Porsche helps Matthews shoppers understand how to determine good mileage for a used car.
Shopping for a Used Car: What to Look for
Instead of focusing strictly on mileage, it’s often most helpful to look at the ‘big picture’ when deciding whether or not to purchase a used vehicle. Take the following factors into account as you shop in the Indian Trail area:
- Usage – 75,000 miles spent in stop and go traffic will cause a lot more wear and tear than 75,000 miles spent mostly on the highway. If you’re able to obtain the previous owner’s driving history, you can glean a lot of information on the vehicle and how much longer it can go.
- Location – Find out where the vehicle was driven before it arrived at the dealership you want to purchase from. A dry and warm desert-like climate will be much easier on a vehicle than a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – If you’re considering a privately sold used vehicle, you should absolutely have it inspected by a technician you trust. If there are any existing issues, you will want to factor the potential repair costs into your offer. Shopping with a dealership like Hendrick Porsche for your used vehicle? You can eliminate the guesswork when it comes to the car’s condition when you buy from the dealership, as each vehicle is inspected and reconditioned before it’s ever made available to buy. Additionally, a used car from a dealership will have a full vehicle history report available.
- Maintenance – Always ask about the maintenance history of a pre-owned car. If the previous owner was diligent about routine services, it will perform a lot better for a lot longer than if it hasn’t been maintained at all.
How to Determine Good Mileage for a Used Car
There’s no one size fits all answer for “what is good mileage on a used car?” In addition to considering the aforementioned factors, think about how many more miles you would like the car to last on Pineville roads and highways. A car can have as few as 50,000 miles or as many as 100,000 miles on its odometer and be a great purchase; it all depends on the overall condition and history of the car. The average driver puts about 12,000 miles on their car each year, which is something to consider when determining whether a used vehicle has good mileage.
Mileage vs. Age
What is good mileage on a used car? At the end of the day, a new car with high mileage could well be a better purchase than an older car with low mileage! As we’ve discussed, it all depends on the big picture, but remembering these points will help you along your journey:
- If a car has low mileage because it wasn’t driven very often, it may have higher repair costs as mechanical issues and problems with seals and gaskets can arise when a car sits unused for too long.
- A thorough maintenance history is always preferable to a spotty service history.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
Do you wish you could find the best of both worlds in a used vehicle that has low mileage and is from a late model year with a spotless service record? A certified pre-owned vehicle will provide all of this and more!
Find the Right Used Car for You in Charlotte
At Hendrick Porsche, we’re committed to helping every driver in Charlotte find a used vehicle that suits their needs. Whether you’re focused on finding low mileage or a recent model year, you can have total confidence in the quality of our used vehicles. Contact us for more information or visit our dealership to browse our inventory in person!
More from Hendrick Porsche
The 2022 Porsche Taycan exudes style and strength on the Matthews roads, and its all-electric performance has caused major buzz in the industry. If you’re ready to experience the next level of EV luxury, head to Hendrick Porsche – your trusted Porsche Taycan dealer in Charlotte. Below, you’ll find a sneak preview of three distinctive body…
The new Porsche Taycan makes a stunning addition to any driveway in Matthews. With fine-tuned electric power and thrilling performance specs, the 2022 Taycan is a joy to drive — just be prepared for the attention you’re almost certain to receive, as it’s hard not to stare when the Taycan passes by. Hendrick Porsche has the…
If you’re looking to buy a new Porsche and upgrade your Matthews commutes with a vehicle that not only delivers an upscale interior but also thrilling sport performance, you’ll want to check out the new Porsche inventory at Hendrick Porsche. Before you start researching models to find the right option for you, you may be wondering, how…