2020 Porsche Cayenne vs. 2020 BMW X5
335-hp 3.0L Turbocharged V6
All-Wheel Drive Standard/Available
German styling and craftsmanship aren’t just for sports cars. Matthews drivers who’ve compared the Porsche Cayenne to the Macan and decided they prefer the Cayenne, should also compare the BMW X5 vs. Porsche Cayenne. From driving to work or home from the Charlotte area’s best spas, decide which full-size luxury SUV is right for you, with Hendrick Porsche.
Cayenne vs. X5: Performance
Both Porsche and BMW are world-renowned for their performance capabilities. With some of the strongest engines of any vehicle, Cayenne vs. X5 can be a tight race.
- Porsche Cayenne – In the base model you’ll find a 335-hp 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine. On the S trim, there’s a standard 434-hp 2.9L twin-turbo V6 engine. There’s even a hybrid option that generates a phenomenal 455 hp with a 3.0L turbocharged V6 gasoline engine and a 14.1 kWh lithium-ion battery with on-board charger. They all have standard all-wheel drive for every condition on Indian Trail roads.
- BMW X5 –TwinPower V6 and V8 engines that both boast over 300 hp are available. The highest trim level has an M Performance V8 engine with over 500 horsepower. All-wheel drive is available.
For performance, Porsche Cayenne vs. BMW X5 comes down to various options. If you prefer the environmentally-friendly power of a hybrid, or if you want more impressive power at the base-level, the Cayenne is for you.
Cayenne vs. X5: Interior
Both the X5 vs. Cayenne interiors include Apple CarPlay® integration, luxurious materials, and the option for a panoramic moonroof. Some available interior features include:
- Porsche Cayenne
- 14-way power seats with memory function
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- Porsche Communication Management system
- Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System
- BMW X5
- Heated seats and heated steering wheel options
- Vernasca leather seats
- BMW iDrive infotainment system
Cayenne vs. X5: Safety
The BMW X5 includes Active Driving Assistant with Active Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, and more. The Porsche Cayenne includes all of the above, plus many other driver assist features like standard forward-collision warning, parking sensors on the front and back, and an optional infrared camera to improve your night vision. For a slightly higher starting price, you’ll enjoy plenty more standard high-end amenities from the Porsche Cayenne.
Porsche Cayenne vs. BMW X5 – Buy Your Favorite at Hendrick Porsche
When you decide it’s time for a 2020 Porsche Cayenne for your Pineville driving needs, view the new Cayenne inventory at Hendrick Porsche, then contact us to drive your Cayenne in your favorite color option home to Stallings!